Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Waiting

As you may know, Henry had an MRI last week. A big, scary MRI. He started Physical Therapy over a year ago because even though he was 16 months old, he wasn't crawling and had no intention of doing so. He's a stubborn little cuss, but soon realized his mommy is evern more stubborn. Quickly thereafter, he convinced himself it was a good idea and started, but then took another 8 months to walk. He's made good progress after since then, but our PT has recently noted some worrying reflexes and muscle reactions. So, to put everyone's mind at ease referred us to the University of Iowa's Center for Disabilities and Development. He was evaluated there and referred further for an MRI to see if there was, perhaps, some brain damage causing all of this. It's taken me a while to be able to say that/type that without crying. But I'm there now. Now, we wait. They told us it could take about a week for the results to be read and evaluated and for them to get back to me. It's been 6 days. I've already started calling. The point of this post? I don't really know. Will anyone read it? I don't really know. But keep him in your prayers, please. And, if you happen to see me, remind me how very lucky I am. Not all mommies get to worry about their Henrys everyday like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment