Monday, September 29, 2014

That Time I Broke Up With Facebook (Day 6)

Did you know that if you don't log in to Facebook for a while, it will start emailing you?






I do, because I've broken up with Facebook. 






I know, I know, it's the modern day equivalent of saying that you're going to run away from home, but then just standing on the corner with your suitcase looking sad, but hear me out. 


In the last few weeks, I'm come to realize that I really don't like Facebook.  I don't like attempting to keep my opinions on gun control and Candy Crush Saga, and welfare to myself as to refrain from upsetting my husband's cousin's girlfriend.  I hate that I'm the person who posts statuses about my kid's recent bathroom successes (number 2 at Target?!?). 




I mostly hate that I care so much.




So, when I came across 99 Days of Freedom, I decided to give it a go.  Okay, well, not at first.  First I had to finish my Thirty-One Party so I could get some wicked awesome free bags first, then after another person irritated me, then I logged off. 


It's been 6 days now, and honest to goodness, I don't really miss it.  You know what I really love?  I love that I've been able to show people photos of Henry and tell them stories and they haven't stopped me and said, "Oh yeah, I already know.  I saw that."  I'm having real life conversations!  I'm sending photos to my mom and texting with her instead of just posting them!  I'm *gasp* putting my phone DOWN!!




But, of course... there are still 93 days left...

1 comment:

  1. I broke up with Facebook after they altered my security settings AGAIN without my knowledge. I wasn't even on it more than once or twice every few months. Honestly? I don't miss it at all. I have a nice g+ account with a ton of great people, most of whom I don't know IRL. The people in my circles are incredibly diverse, yet somehow manage to have discussions without being total jerks. I've actually gotten PUBLIC apologies (on the internet? GASP!) from people who got a little carried away. Facebook? What's that? ;)

    ReplyDelete