Monday, January 9, 2012

Prunny Fetty

This morning on my  way to work I was listening to the radio, and the DJ was attempting to read the sports news of the day.  He wanted to say something about the Yankee's cathcher, but instead he said "Yanker's catchie".  It made me laugh way more than it probably should have.  I probalby shouldn't even be blogging about it, because no one else will think it was funny, but even as I write this it still makes me giggle.

Ha... Yanker Catchie... ha ha ha

By the way, when you switch around parts of words like that it is called a spoonerism.  That's just something I know.  I'm a wealth of information. 

Also:  Spooner was my upstairs neighbor in my first apartment.  He was a large man who had a large tattoo of a dragon on his back and once dyed his goatee green.  He yelled at his children a lot, sat on the front stoop without his shirt and was generally an unhappy person.  One of said children once ran in to the side of the husband's cousin's car while she was driving it.  Everytime I think of the word spoonerism, I think of him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment