Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What a Mother ----er.

Last Sunday was Mother's Day and I had a lovely one.  The husband, the baby and I went to Aunt Becky's house for a lovely lunch and fun times with the fam.  It was the kind of Mother's Day that you'd expect: relaxed, friendly and comfortable.  It was a day spent enjoying our babies and our families.

I couldn't help but think, though, what a terrible holiday Mother's Day is.  Hear me out on this one.  For mothers, it's just another day to appreciate your kids, to look at them and marvel at the miracle that you created and that you love unconditionally.  I do that a lot, but it's the day that I really think about it. 

But what about the ladies who aren't moms?  What about the ladies who have tried and tried and tried and have not been successful?  The ladies who would like nothing more than to hold a little miracle of their own in their arms and haven't been blessed in that way?

What about the moms who don't get to hold their babies any more?  I cannot fathom the pain that they must endure every single day.  This day must just be salt in the wound.

So, ladies, know that I think of you that day and know that I am praying for you where ever you may be.  I'd gladly give away my "special day" to take away any of the pain that you feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment