Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"I'm just the guy who takes care of the park."

As you may know, I have a toddler.  My toddler enjoys toddling at the park.

Last night, we went to the park and while toddling about the equipment, he heard another small child (perhaps 4 or 5) playing below him.  He squatted down to bellow through the mesh flooring, "You're noisy!  What are you doing?"

"Why don't you come down here and find out, little boy?"

"No, what are you doing?"

I expected another response similar to his first, but instead, other little boy yelled up at Henry, "Well, I'm the guy who built this place.  They hired me on to look after the playground and make sure all the little kids are having fun while they're here."

Um, okay.

Then, later, the little guy came up to where we were and said, "yeah, my mom and dad drop me off here every day so I can work and take care of the playground."

Soon after his mom (who he had just enjoyed a picnic dinner with along with his dad and sister)  yelled over at him from the swings and he ran over there to play.

Moral of the story:  kids are nut jobs, and the hiring practices of the City of Cedar Rapids are questionable.

*upward hand motion
Don't worry, Henry.  The old park keeper is under there, making sure all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment