Monday, February 6, 2012

The things I hope my son NEVER has to know.

There are so many more things than just 25 that I hope that Henry knows in his heart and remembers every day.  This list was much more difficult.

The people you love don't always deserve it.
You may give some one your love, perhaps unconditional love, and you will later realize he didn't deserve it.  It is a difficult, horrible decision to cut some one out of your life and I hope that you never need to make it.  Some people just aren't worth it, it's as simple as that. 

We have more power over others than we should.
We don't always realize the hold that we have on others.  We have the power to manipulate people and make them do what we want them to do.  I hope that you are always kind and loving with those close to you.

Life is precious, and fragile.
Before you came along, there was another life that grew inside me that never made it in to the world.  The pain of missing that little soul was more than I could bear.  I'm afraid I will forget him.  Sometimes, you lose people who change you so significantly that you don't know if you can move on. 

Not everyone is good. 
It goes back to my first point; not everyone deserves love.  Even though you'd like to think that people have good intentions, not everyone does.  There are some people who do not understand or care that other people are real and have emotions and can hurt just as badly as they can.  Those people do not deserve any part of you.

Parents can fuck you up.
I pray that never happens to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment